Castle Moat & Folkestone Bowmen (here-on known as CM&FB) is committed to protecting your personal information. In this notice, references to ‘we’ or ‘us’ means CM&FB. This notice explains how we collect and use the personal information about you.
CM&FB are a private social sports club for archery, governed by Archery GB.
Archery GB is the national governing body for archery in Great Britain. Archery GB is responsible for all levels of archery within the UK from elite to development level. Archery GB is the Umbrella organisation for English Archery Association, Archery Northern Ireland, Scottish Archery and Welsh Archery Association.
CM&FB operate a club website, www.folkestonearchery.club
CM&FB gathers certain information about you, for administration of membership. Information about you is also used by our governing body, Archery GB, and County association, Kent Archery Association (KAA).
We collect information in the following ways:
When you become a member of CM&FB you will give us information for membership purposes. This information is also passed to Archery GB for membership and insurance purposes. This information may include your name, date of birth, postal address, email address, phone number.
Each time you visit our Website, we may automatically collect certain information. This information includes technical information, such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and information relating to what pages you have viewed (e.g. using cookies as described further below);
When you enter competitions the following information may be collected and shared with tournament organisers, scoring systems and results may be published: First Name, Surname, Gender, Bow style, Date of Birth / Age category, Email, Address, Phone number, Club (and ID), County (and ID), Region (and ID), Round (unless defined by age), Disability (Y/N), Disability info.
We rely on the legitimate interest basis to use your personal information in some circumstances. For example, when you apply to become a member of CM&FB, we have a legitimate organisational interest to use your information to respond to you and give you the benefits of being a member.
We also rely on obtaining your consent to use your personal information for administration of your membership
We will use the information you give us to:
1. perform services you have requested (such as providing you with Membership Benefits or
2. providing you with information you have asked for);
3. administer the club’s activities, for instance by organising tournaments;
4. notify you about changes to our club, including but not limited to any changes to membership;
5. any other reasonable purposes of club membership, acting always in accordance with the data protection law (as amended from time to time).
We will only share your information with the following selected third parties:
1. Associate bodies such as Archery GB, Kent Archery Association County, Region and Clubs in order that they may communicate with you regarding membership and archery events only or to allow the associate bodies to manage the running of the sport in their areas.
We will not disclose your personal information to any other third parties, unless:
2. If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
If you are under 18 and would like to get involved, please ensure that you have consent from a parent or guardian before giving us your personal information. When we collect data about a child or young person aged under 18 we will make it very clear as to the reasons for collecting this data and how it will be used.
We keep records only for as long as required to manage membership in accordance with legal requirements.
The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored by the Club Secretary’s data storage system.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
CM&FB will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
You have the right to:
1. Have any inaccuracies in your data corrected. If you would like to update the details we hold about you, please contact our Secretary via telephone, email or by letter.
2. Request that we delete your personal data.
3. You have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. We require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification. Please address requests to the Secretary and we will respond within one month of receipt of your written request and confirmed ID.
Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records. This request is free of charge unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
We may update the terms of this privacy notice at any time, so please do check it from time to time.
We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address you have provided to us or by placing a prominent notice on our Website. By continuing to use our Website you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
The Club Secretary is the first point of contact regarding any enquiries arising from this Privacy Notice.
Where possible, please raise all enquiries in writing.
If you are unhappy with something that we have done or failed to do, please inform us in writing. CM&FB will acknowledge receipt of all complaints and will endeavour to investigate the complaint within 15 working days
All complaints should be sent to the Club Secretary
You may also complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are concerned with how we are handling your personal information using their online form which can be found here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make any significant changes in the way we treat your personal information we will contact you directly.
This Privacy Notice was last updated 09 02 2018.